Sunday, March 07, 2010

Life Drawing

I thought it was time I got back to some creative blogging!

I've been going to a local life drawing class for well over a year now and in that time I've tried different media such as pencil, pen, watercolour and pastels.  When I started at the class my first favoured medium was charcoal and a fortnight ago I returned to using it after a lengthy gap and fell in love with it all over again.  ;o)  In terms of technique, I don't think I've made much progress over this past year which is probably due to the fact that I rarely find time to practice between classes (much as I'd like to!) but it's always good fun and I do enjoy being in the company of the rest of the class who all have very different styles.  Here are two of the charcoal drawings from a fortnight ago:



For all these drawings I used charcoal and some white pastel and used a foam make up brush doodad to blend.  I have no idea about charcoal techniques and really should have a punt about online for some ideas of what I should be doing!  In the meantime I'll busk it and continue to have some fun with it!  ;o)  One good technique I have down pat is the application of copious amounts of charcoal to my face during the process of trying to get some of it on the paper!!  lol 

No comments: