This may be seriously boring but I'm dead chuffed with myself so I'm blogging about it anyway! LOL I have a log box that my paternal grandfather made. It's rather battered but is quite precious to me. When I inherited it I decided I would recover the lid of the box and accordingly took the old covering off. Well, I can't even think how many years ago I did that! Grandad died the year we were married and we've just celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary!! Anyway, this morning I started and finished the project! Yay! So, here we go with some pics!
This is the log box before I started on it.
Bit of a funny pic as I was working on the dining table in front of the window. This shows my wadding for the box lid which I made from several rectangles of an old blanket which I then tacked together. I stapled the base layer to the box lid so it wouldn't shift about while I was putting the fabric over it. Then I stapled the fabric on. The corners were a bit fiddly but I got there in the end (must be the Arian stubbornness in me!) and then I covered my staples with braid and hammered the gold studs through it.
And, hey presto, here's the finished article! It's by no means a professional looking refit but I am over the moon with it! ;o) What's pleased me even more is that it barely cost me anything at all. The fabric is a remnant I picked up for 50p ages ago, the blanket was given to me (to use at the V Festival last week and then to be thrown away) and the trimming and the gold studs came from the scrap store. Nice new log box and one happy bunny! :oD