I've got a few outstanding art commitments that I'm working on and this is one of them which I completed this afternoon - an altered Easter egg swap running on my Yahoo group. We were sent a little polystyrene egg each, they had a yellow/green paper covering with rabbits on and a little bit of yellow ribbon to hang them from. We could alter them in any which way we liked. I knew I didn't want to do anything glitzy, sparkly or sequinny and given that we've just inherited eight hens this is what I came up with:
The base is half of a cigar box that I gessoed and inked. I gessoed the egg and then painted it with acrylic paint, hacked off the end with my craft knife and used more acrylic for the inside and the yolk on the spoon. Then I just wired the egg cup and spoon to the box base. It was a little difficult to get a decent picture but this is pretty much the best of the bunch!