Thursday, April 12, 2007

Drawing

I fished out this little notebook today, I started using it for drawing purposes back in the New Year. I want to try and get back into a daily sketching habit again to try and improve my drawing skills and so I whipped my book out in the dressing room tonight and drew this rivetting subject - the bottle of Febreze for destinkying my costumes after the performance each night! No great shakes but just wanted to share the fact that I'm doing something creative again. FIL's death has made me reassess some of my thoughts about my creativity which I won't share here because I'm not entirely certain I could explain them adequately at the moment but this first little sketch, or rather the act of doing the sketch, is representative of how I've been feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great, Maz, I am so pleased to see that you are drawing again. keep it up, you certainly have the skill.

I know what you mean about your FIL's passing being a turning point for your own creativity. These things remind us that life is short and that we have to grab every day and make the most of it.

You go girl!

Hugs,
Kari x

artfulzebra said...

Thanks, Kari, I'm going! :oD

Maz x