Saturday, September 05, 2009

The big studio re-jig is finally complete! And I have photos to prove it! LOL It's been several weeks in the doing, much longer than I had planned due to a variety of circumstances - none of which, you'll be pleased to hear, I'm going bore you with! I have a really great opportunity coming up that I need to make the most of and it's been stressing me out not being able to work towards it with the studio in such a state of flux so it's a great relief to have it done. I've rediscovered plenty of artistic enthusiasm amongst the physical detritus I've been sorting through and I'm ready to go, go, go! ;o) So, down to business....the before and after shots...

Before...

and after...

This is my new little office area, something I haven't had in my studio until now but it's definitely been needed!

Before...

and after...

The base cupboard here was badly underused where it was previously, pretty inaccessible due to mountains of crap in front of it and since I rarely ever wanted anything out of it most of it's contents has dispensed with. It now houses my metal stores.

Before...

and after...

The larder cupboard has shifted over a bit and is more accessible than it was. This is my tools and materials (like paint, pencils, mediums etc) cupboard.

Before...

and after...

and an extra pic of the desk itself...

My desk area was constantly overstuffed with everything imaginable! I've settled for just having some essentials in the box tray and nothing else on there so that I have some decent working space. I was tending to work in about six square inches previously! ;oD

Before...

and after...

and an extra shot looking straight on

This larder cupboard replaced the green cupboard and is crammed with all manner of work materials. The filing cabinets and map chest work much better in this alcove. The little trolley moves about and acts as an extra work surface when I need it.

Before...

and after...

Not much change here, just tidier and less clutter hanging on the back of the door!

And just an extra shot, from a different angle, of my little office area.


That concludes your guided tour for today! Now tell me how amazed you all are! LOL

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

couldnt tell the difference lol no really well done I am sure you will be even more productive now

Rob

p said...

looks ready to go! love seeing the difference...you must feel fantastic!

Alan_R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheilagh said...

Thats aMAZing Maz, some transformation, lots of fabulous arting going to be going on now I guess?

hugs

She
xxx

Mikel O'Brien said...

Amazing Transformation! Leaves me totally inspired to try it myself! :)

Adrienne Wood said...

Never mind amazed, utterly stunned! Mine looks like your before pictures!

Sharon Williamson said...

Good grief! Do you want to come and do my house???

Kim Hambric said...

A very impressive cleanup indeed.

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

Wow! Looks amazingly tidy and organised - but what does it look like now your working in it ;)