Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Now you see me, now you don't

Having completed the last of my hanging pieces for Suspended re:Purpose this afternoon I set about tidying the studio, and yes, I can actually see the floor again now!  ;o)  I'm selling at Mildenhall air base tomorrow, Thursday and Friday so I spent the afternoon organising jewellery and display stands and rounding up all the assorted paraphenalia I need to take.  I have some pendants to finish this evening to add to my display tomorrow.  As I was finishing my last basket my eyes lighted on a half completed assemblage piece on my desk and inspiration on completing struck me.  ;o)  All the time I was on Warfarin last year after my PE I diligently collected the blister packs from my tablets and by the time I got the all clear to stop taking them I had a carrier bag full and an urge to make some art with them.  ;o)  This is the resulting piece:


"Now you see me, now you don't"

The blister packs are attached to board from a fabric sample book cover with brass drawing pins and acrylic paint applied over the top.  The video tape is my trial run of the text for my RA Summer Exhibition submission, Her Honesty and Her Pain.  I was playing with my heat gun to see how the tape reacted.  ;o) 

No comments: