Thursday, April 03, 2008

Altered Compact

I was recently involved in an altered compact swap on Swap-Bot and this was my compact. Yet again, it wasn't very easy to photograph! I haven't altered the outside of the vintage compact as it was so pretty anyway but inside I have used tarnished copper discs joined with jump rings and added some stamping and a couple of my favourite quotes:

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. Part of Desiderata.

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be. Shel Silverstein

The bottom disc is glued in so the quotes aren't removable and I added some sparkly fibre as a little pull to open the discs out. I used dry transfer lettering to add the word "reflect" to the mirror. And, Bob's your uncle! :oD





No comments: