Friday, January 02, 2009

Old Year, New Year

I meant to do this before 2008 whizzed off my radar but here we are in a brand spanking new year already! ;o)

As we do at this time of year I've been thinking about what has gone before and what lies ahead for me and I thought a bit of a review of 2008 is in order.

In my artistic life, 2008 has been a pivotal year for me and some of my highlights have been:

...becoming Vice Chair of the Fenland Visual Arts Collective

...having an assemblage piece shortlisted for the Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition

...making my first sale!

...having my first solo exhibition

...creating my website

...teaching children's altered art workshops

...participating in an Open Studios event

...attending life drawing classes

I'm very excited by what 2009 holds for me...developing my jewellery work, working on several themes with my assemblage work, exhibiting, collaborating with other artists, experimenting and exploring, growing and learning, challenging and stretching myself... passionate, rampant art in action! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a wonderfull 2008 and am sure 2009 will be even better

Rob