Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A place for everything and everything in it's place...

... well, not really but I'm talking storage here!  For the last few months my lack of storage space has really been hampering me but plans were afoot and they've been completed now to the effect that I am now the proud owner of an outdoor storage area converted from what our ex neightbour referred to as "the fruit hovel."  The walls have been lined with hardboard and a variety of holes from previous little visitors have been blocked up, a lick of white paint, some lighting and an assortment of furniture and Bob's your uncle!  ;o) 

View from outside
This cupboard was in the fruit hovel originally. 
All the black bags house my dismantled plinths from Beyond Convention.
You can't beat a groovy old sideboard!
Stuff is beginning to arrive in it's new home!
Adding this one for no reason other than I like the shape of the light on the floor!
All the above photos were from last week, yesterday I spent all day sorting and shifting stuff from the studio and spare room (aka overflow dumping ground! lol) to it's new home and it now looks like this... 


Looking in from the door


Found this racking to add to the top of the sideboard

The big box houses my huge hanging video piece, nicknamed The Vortex ;oD


Space rapidly filling up!

The majority of what I wanted to move is there now, just need to spend some time sorting, organising and a drawing up a loose plan of what's where to aid my memory when I'm hunting for that certain something, darkly muttering "I know it's here somewhere..."

No comments: