As a little diversion between projects with paint drying today I made this little dowel spine portfolio from instructions in More Making Books by Hand: Exploring Miniature Books, Alternative Structures, and Found Objects by P. Thomas.
This is the outside showing the spine.
And this is the inside showing the little pockets.
I made it using a sheet of hand decorated paper from a recent artist papers swap and it was really quite easy despite looking a bit difficult! ;oD Anything involving accuracy always makes me a little nervous! LOL I'm planning on altering the cards in the pockets but I think it would be good for all sorts of things. If it was made a bit deeper it would house ATCs nicely. ;o) My only problem is that I think I cut the spine slits a little wide as the dowel drops out given half a chance! Good fun though!