Monday, September 12, 2011

Blundering about in the dark...

Today has been long and disheartening and without studio time.  ;o(  Well, no time in my own studio that is, although I have been at life class this evening so I am sneaking that in as my 30 Days of Get Your Art On time, ssssssh, no one will notice!  ;o) 

This evening's model was the lovely Clifford who I always enjoy drawing and who is always interesting to chat with.  ;o)  We had some great subdued lighting for the class tonight which gave some lovely shadows for tonal work.  Mind you, I confess that my position in the class didn't afford me much light to draw by at all and by the time I'd finished drawing the first two poses I practically had my nose on the paper!  ;oD  So, after some judicious light bulb tinkering I had some light and swiftly whipped my early efforts off the easel and this was my next drawing...


Trust me, it's miles better than it's predecessors!  ;o)  I was relatively happy with this one, I think I'm improving (albeit at a snail's pace) on the shading front.  I remembered the squinting technique to see tonal values this evening and spent alot of time peering out from behind the easel with half closed eyes, goodness only knows what sort of freaky sideshow appearance I have!  lol  After this pose we moved onto a standing pose to finish and I did a more scribbly tonal drawing...


And, no, he wasn't wearing knee pads!  lol  Another area to add to my To Improve On list me thinks...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are getting the weight distribution well - in the first the hand on the leg and his leaning forward - the second his head resting on his arm - i always struggled with this aspect of figure drawing - well i struggle with it all frankly lol - but you know how the mantra goes - practice, practice, practice :)

Jill x

Anonymous said...

I still haven't attempted life drawing. In fact, I avidly avoid it, lol!!! Drawing people from photos I can do, sort of, but any time I try to sketch people from life (apart from faces) I fail to achieve anything even remotely reasonable!!! So am in awe of your drawings - keep it up, you're doing SO well x

FIFA 15 Coins said...





The ASUS and Gigabyte mini-ITX cards are clocked slightly higher than Nivida's reference full-size GTX 970.but greatly assist smaller size.they won't have quite the identical overclocking and cooling potential.Pricing and availability to the new ASUS card isn't out yet.but considering its similarity to Gigabyte's mini-ITX GTX 970.we expect something within the $330 area.Telltale's take on Game of Thrones arrives tomorrow.though the launch trailer can be used today.
FIFA 15 Coins PS3
FIFA 15 Coins Xbox 360