Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Who's nicked my passion?

Passion
Mixed media canvas 2009
A conversation with a good friend this morning made me think about my artistic passion.  It may not be obvious to alot of people, and that makes me really sad, but I am passionate about what I do, passionate about being an artist, passionate about giving others the opportunity to get creative, passionate about working in the creative sector, passionate about the arts and artists.  Over the last couple of years I think my passion has become much less obvious, not lessened I hasten to add but more hidden from others.  The reasons for this are probably inappropriate to share here (and a little yawn making if I'm honest!) so I won't trot them out but suffice to say I want to do something about this situation.  Life is tough enough in the creative world as it is but if my passion for my work is obscured I'm unlikely to make sales, get commissions, generate interest, entice folk to workshops or anything and that is pants to put it bluntly!  I need to make my passion visible, I need to put it out into the world, be loud and proud!  ;o)  Watch this space!!

More art journaling today, paint is drying so no pics yet but I was in there hard at it, seven days in a row, woohoo!  ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! - I look forward to seeing your passion unfurled and glaringly obvious to everyone ;)

(Personally i think your passion has always been obvious).

Jill x