Saturday, December 18, 2010

Advent-urous Artists Day 18

This is a close up shot of Rodin's John the Baptist sculpture which I took on holiday in Scotland earlier this year.  In a similar vein to yesterday's post, I hadn't looked at the photos I took while we were away for months and looking through them this evening prompted all sorts of memories, not just from that holiday but from previous holidays too, leading to thoughts of my childhood holidays with my parents and grandparents, onto family Christmases...to silliness with kazoos... to the conception of my daughter... to being in plaster and finally to menu planning!  lol  It's like visual word association!  Earlier this week I was thinking about word association as a vehicle for helping me brainstorm ideas for an exhibition I'm involved in during January and I'm now thinking a visual version is an excellent idea...

Check out what Ric and Rob are blogging about today...

No comments: