Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Advent-urous Artists Day 1

Fire buckets on the platform at Wansford Station, Nene Valley Railway by Marian Savill

Welcome to the first post of this new collaborative blog project!  Along with fellow artists and friends, Richard Savage and Rob Morris, I am going to blog on a daily basis every day leading up to Christmas.  Why?  All three of us have blogs and would like to use them more to show our work, share news of forthcoming events, exhibitions and what we're up to, views, opinions, rants, raise our online profiles and indulge in some, frankly, blatant self promotion!  ;oD 


For those of you who don't know us, some short intros....
 
Marian Savill:  I am a professional mixed media artist based at my studio in Cambridgeshire, UK. I work mainly with used materials and found objects to create my unique assemblage pieces and jewellery. I am excited by the discarded, the unloved, the unwanted. The textures, colours, patina and condition of the materials inspire me to passionately transform the life worn objects into distinctive individual artwork. These materials hold a fascination for me; they have an aged beauty which I try to enhance and celebrate in my work.  My work can be raw and passionate, quirky and lighthearted, deeply personal and ethically challenging but at the heart of it lies my passion to show that art and beauty exist in the found, the throwaway, the everyday and the long forgotten.  More of my work can be seen on my website.


Rob Morris:  I am a freelance photographer based in East Anglia.  I have 30 years of experience and am a Licentiate of The Royal Photographic Society and a member of The Society of Wedding & Portrait Photographers and The Society of International Media & Press Photographers. I work locally, nationally and internationally providing a wide range of images for a variety of clients.  More of my work can be seen on my website.


Richard Savage:  I am a fine artist, illustrator and writer. In the last twenty years as a fine artist I have covered a wide variety of subjects such as figurative, wildlife and aviation. As an illustrator, my work has been equally diverse and has included 50 book covers, magazine illustrations, a series of line drawings, fantasy art and pictures for children's stories. I am comfortable working in a variety of media; oils, acrylics, pastels, line and wash, watercolour and mixed media. My inspiration comes from a great number of sources the world around, but also classical art, and the styles of the contemporary artists Boris Vallejo and Jack Vettriano.  More of my work can be seen on my website.
 
Every day we will all share a picture (or pictures) each, with accompanying text, on a multitude of subjects! I hope you'll all visit us regularly on our pre-Christmas blog Advent-ure. ;o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hows the online profile building going then.. do you think it's working so far..? x

artfulzebra said...

Wellll, no way of telling if folk are looking but the lack of comments are probably telling. I haven't really been posting in the way I wanted to unfortunately.