Thursday, December 23, 2010

Advent-urous Artists Day 22 & 23

Oops, I did it again.... so, another double whammy for you!  ;o)


I have a love of cemeteries.  ;o)  I think it began when, in my late teens, I began researching my family history and investigations led me to a cemetery or two!  Even when they are in the centre of busy towns and cities they are still places of tranquility and havens of wildlife.  On holiday in Scotland earlier this year we came across a tiny remote village cemetery which had beautiful huge headstones but had suffered in storms with lots of trees coming down and breaking headstones and tombs.  None of the trees had been cleared at the time either.



On a completely different subject, books....

My library book shelf
I love to read, I love books.  ;o)  This year I have been trying to read more, particularly more fiction as I tend to read alot of biographies (nothing wrong with that but I just want to expand my literary horizons) and I wanted to beat my orevious best total of books read ~ a very poor 24!  I dip in and out of alot of books but I only include books that I've read (or listened to) cover to cover.  I just hit book 26 of 2010 and look set to get to 28 by the end of the year.  ;o)  It's not about racking up a huge number, it's just about feeding the well and keeping count is just something fun to do.  For the record, the 26 books to date are:
  • Agatha Raisin and the Fairies of Fryfam by MC Beaton
  • Panic Snap by Laura Reese
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson
  • Notes from an Exhibition by Patrick Gale
  • Topping from Below by Laura Reese
  • Confessions of a London Spank Daddy by Peter Smith
  • For One More Day by Mitch Albom
  • Agatha Raisin and the Love from Hell by MC Beaton
  • I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
  • All Balls and Glitter by Craig Revel Horwood
  • The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood
  • Delicate Edible Birds by Lauren Groff
  • Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Howard's End is on the Landing by Susan Hill
  • Rabbit Proof Fence by Doris Pilkington
  • Anything Goes by John Barrowman
  • Varjak Paw by SJ Said
  • Cocktail Time by PG Wodehouse
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
  • The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
  • Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve
  • Last of the Few by Max Arthur
  • Predator's Gold by Philip Reeve
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
  • The To Do List by Mike Gayle
I recently read this blog post about reading a book a week and I read the last book on the list in 9 days by enjoying reading time first thing after breakfast every morning.  :o)  Very much looking forward to a good year of reading in 2011.  Feel free to give me some book recommendations to add to my "to read" list!  ;o)

No comments: