Friday, December 03, 2010

Advent-urous Artists Day 3

Our lovely new logo, designed by Richard Savage
I am Vice Chair of the Fenland Visual Arts Collective.  ;o)  We have been in existence since 2004 and I have been involved for three years now.  You can read about our aims on our (work in progress!) website but briefly, we work to give artists across Fenland opportunities to exhibit their work, meet socially, venture out on art days and more!  We have been involved in a wide range of exhibitions over the years, have permanent exhibiting venues and work hard to promote the visual arts in the Fens and beyond.  I enjoy being Vice Chair and think I give alot to the Collective, it can be hard work and is sometimes disappointing when events are poorly supported or participated in but I still think it's hugely worthwhile.  ;o)  I'm very excited at the moment as, in conjunction with the Fenland Arts Association, we hosting our first open art exhibition in January which I hope will be a fantastic event for everyone.  If you are local(ish) and fancy submitting some work email me for a submission form!  Before all that though is our one day exhibition tomorrow to coincide with the Chatteris Christmas Lights Switch On event.  If you're in the vivinity of Chatteris Museum tomorrow do pop in and see us!  And the artwork of course!  lol

More FenVAC talk on Rob and Ric's blogs today.  ;o)

No comments: